Convention News And Updates
- WANEP launches Election Situation Room
The West Africa Network for Peacebuilding (WANEP), a regional civil society organization, in collaboration with the National Peace Council (NPC), has launched the Election Situation Room to monitor the December 7 polls.
- Akufo-Addo, Mahama commit to peace
The two main contenders for this year’s presidential election, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and former President John Dramani Mahama of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), will sign the Presidential Elections Peace Pact (PEPP) today to commit them and their parties and supporters to non-violence, the resort to judicial process to seek redress in case of disputes and work towards eradicating vigilantism.
- Akufo-Addo, Mahama to sign a peace pact ahead of polls – National Peace Council reveals
Chairman of National Peace Council, Dr Ernest Adu Gyamfi says President Akufo Addo and the Presidential Candidate of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) will on Friday, December 4, sign a peace pact.
- BWA will move delayed 2020 World Congress to virtual format
The Baptist World Alliance recently announced its 22nd Baptist World Congress will be held virtually in July 2021 — a year after the original, in-person event in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Security arrangement sufficient; abandon Citizens’ Arrest Task Force – National Peace Council to NDC
Chairman of the National Peace Council, Rev Dr Ernest Adu Gyamfi has called on the National Democratic Congress (NDC) to boycott arrangements for a Citizens’ Arrest Task Force ahead of the elections.
- GBC & SBN TV Congratulate GBC President on Appointment as National Peace Council Chairman
The Ghana Baptist Convention and Shalom Broadcasting Network (SBN TV) have congratulated the Executive President of Ghana Baptist Convention, Rev. Dr. Ernest Adu-Gyamfi on his appointment as the Chairman of the National Peace Council.