Below is an extract of the President’s Report.
The President’s Presentation Slide to the Annual Session can also be download it here.
«At the 50th Annual Session we, the President and Vice-President (Ministries) were voted into office with the mandate to lead the Convention from January 2014. The Presidency therefore assumed office in January 2014 and handing over processes from the previous administration began.
The General Secretary formally handed over to us in April 2014. The send off service for the General Secretary was done on June 7th 2014 at Calvary Baptist Church, Shiashie, Accra.
On our assumption of office, the President streamlined his seven point strategic vision submitted to the Search Committee as part of the criteria for the selection of the Executive President. This vision has since been shared with the Denominational Board, Ministers’ Fellowships at various fora, Sector and Association heads and leaders, staff and some of the Churches visited by the President and his team.
This report will therefore be presented under this seven point strategic vision.
PRESIDENT’S STRATEGIC VISION
The components of the Strategic Vision are as follows:
1. Re-branding and visibility of the Convention
2. Enhancing ownership of the Convention by member Churches
3. Increasing the financial base of the Convention
4. Human Resource Development (staff, Ministers and greater participation of lay professionals within our Churches)
5. Supporting Pastors in rural and deprived areas and retirement benefits for Ministers
6. Deepening the Spiritual base of the Convention
7. Evangelism and Mission