GBC & SBN TV Congratulate GBC President on Appointment as National Peace Council Chairman
The Ghana Baptist Convention and Shalom Broadcasting Network (SBN TV) have congratulated the Executive President of Ghana Baptist Convention, Rev. Dr. Ernest Adu-Gyamfi on his appointment as the Chairman of the National Peace Council.
In a post to Ghana Baptist Convention Facebook page designed by SBN TV, the post read “Congratulations to Rev. Dr. Ernest Adu-Gyamfi on your new appointment as Chairman of the National Peace Council.”
Rev. Dr. Ernest Adu-Gyamfi together with other high-profile personalities were out-doored by President Nana Akufo-Addo on Tuesday evening, November 10, 2020, as members of the National Peace Council.
Members of the Board include:
- Reverend Professor Paul Frimpong-Manso, representing the Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council (GPCC),
- Nana S.K.B Asante, representing the National House of Chiefs (NHC),
- Alhaji Mualvi Mohammed Bin Salih, representing the Ahmadiyya Muslim Mission (AMM),
- Reverend Father Emmanuel Fianu, representing the Catholic Bishops Conference (CBC),
- Archbishop Nicholas Duncan-Williams, representing the National Council for Christian and Charismatic Churches (NCCCC) and
- Reverend Dr Ernest Adu-Gyamfi, representing the Christian Council of Ghana (CCG).
The rest of the National Peace Council board members are:
- Nuumo Blafo Akotia Amtsu III, representing Practitioners of African Traditional Religion (PATR),
- Nana Agyakoma Dufie II, Queen-mother of Asante Mampong and the President’s nominee,
- Right Reverend Colonel John Kwamena Otoo [Rtd], another nominee of the President,
- Sheikh Arimeyaw Shaibu, representing the Al-Sunnah Muslim Mission,
- Joana Adzoa Opare and Magdelene Kannae, representing identifiable groups,
- with George Amoh as Executive Secretary of the Peace Council.