The Ghana Baptist Convention is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Evangelists (one each) for the Mid-Ghana Sector, South-West Ghana Sector and Northern Ghana Sector of the Ghana Baptist Convention. Applicants who already live, or are willing to live at the job locations (see 2.0) are most preferred.
1.0 JOB ROLE
Reporting directly to the Director of Evangelism and Missions, the position holder will help in achieving the Convention’s soul winning and church planting goals through the effective use and co-ordination of the Cine Van Ministry of the Convention. The role requires extensive traveling, sometimes at very short notice.
2.0 JOB LOCATIONS
South-West Ghana Sector, Cape Coast
Mid-Ghana Sector, Kumasi
Northern Ghana Sector, Tamale
3.0 KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Plan, co-ordinate and promote evangelistic activities and events through the Cine Van Ministry in the Association and local churches within the respective Sectors of the Convention.
- Share the Gospel with others publicly and privately as doors of opportunities presents.
- Submit reports of activities to the Director of Evangelism and Missions.
- Liaise with Sector and Association Heads to conduct survey for areas suitable for church planting.
- Manage the execution of all Cine Van outreach and Convention’s evangelism activities in the Sector.
- Manage all information of the Cine Van Ministry in the Sector.
- Coordinate the activities of the Cine Van Ministry in the Sector in liaison with Sector and Association Heads.
- Manage the Cine Van Ministry vehicle and equipment.
- Perform any other function assigned in relation to Evangelism and Missions.
4.0 PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Ministry; First degree in ministry will be an added advantage.
- Have a calling to be an evangelist
- Be a Baptized member of a Ghana Baptist Convention member-Church
- Holder of a valid Driver’s License and be Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in event and programmes planning and execution
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills with strong problem solving skills.
- At least 2 years working experience in related field.
5.0 HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email or the address provided below, not later than 7th November, 2016:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter.
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates.
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees.
- Reference letter from local Church.
OR DELIVER DIRECTLY TO:
The Vice President, Administration
Ghana Baptist Convention
No. 11 Yiyiwa Street, Abelenkpe, Accra
P. O. Box AN 19909 Accra-North