The Ghana Baptist Convention is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Executive Assistant to the President.
1.0 JOB ROLE
The position holder will report directly to the President. The role is to ensure that the President’s office is administered and managed professionally for the effective and efficient execution of the President’s Vision and overall objects of the Ghana Baptist Convention. The role may also require extensive traveling, sometimes at very short notice, and working long hours.
2.0 JOB LOCATION
Head Office, Baptist House, Abelenkpe, Accra
3.0 KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Conserve the President’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence appropriately.
- Assist in the development of key position and briefing papers for the President.
- Maintain the President’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travels.
- Represent the President by attending meetings and speaking for him when necessary.
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answer or direct inquiries appropriately.
- Maintain historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and efficient retrieval systems.
- Provide timely and accurate record of meeting proceedings and discussions.
- Maintain office supplies inventory for the President’s office, anticipate needed supplies and verify receipt of supplies.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of office equipment at the President’s office.
- Manage correspondence with Heads of Churches/Organizations, and Institutions, affiliates of the Convention and the public.
4.0 PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies or related field with a minimum of two years post qualification experience. Experience in Private Secretaryship and or Public Relations is an added advantage.
- A Christian, preferably a baptized member of a Ghana Baptist Convention member-Church.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation/communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent negotiation, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Willingness to work for long hours under pressure with very little or no supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
5.0 HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email or the address provided below, not later than 7th November, 2016:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter.
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates.
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees.
- Reference letter from local Church.
OR DELIVER DIRECTLY TO:
The Vice President, Administration
Ghana Baptist Convention
No. 11 Yiyiwa Street, Abelenkpe, Accra
P. O. Box AN 19909 Accra-North