The Ghana Baptist Convention is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons as Full-Time Sector Heads for the Mid-Ghana Sector, South-West Ghana Sector and South-East Ghana Sector of the Ghana Baptist Convention.
1.0 JOB ROLE
Reporting directly to the President the position holder will promote and strengthen the relationship between the Ghana Baptist Convention Secretariat and among member churches and Associations in the respective Sectors of the Convention. He/she shall work to enhance the growth of the churches, deepen the positive image of a Baptist presence in the Sectors and ensure that the Churches meet all their obligations to the Convention.
2.0 JOB LOCATIONS:
South-West Ghana Sector, Cape Coast
Mid-Ghana Sector, Kumasi
South-East Ghana Sector, Accra
3.0 KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Develop and Implement a Work Plan for the Sector in line with vision of the Convention President.
- Develop and efficiently operate an approved budget for Sector Activities.
- Submit monthly report on Sector Activities in line with the implementation of approved work plan.
- Brief the Sector Committee of the plans and programmes of the President.
- Set performance objectives and targets for the Associations in consultation with the Association Heads
- Co-ordinate and monitor the activities of the Associations within the Sector.
- Attend Association meetings and evaluate the work of Association Heads.
- Convey the concerns and needs of the Associations and churches to the President for the necessary action.
- Chair all Sector Committee meetings, comprising all the Association Heads in the Sector.
- Assist the Convention Secretariat to implement decisions made at Annual Session and by the President.
- Initiate capacity building programmes for the Associations.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the President.
4.0 PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- Minimum of First degree in Theology with at least 7-years post ordination experience
- Excellent planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Be a Baptized member of a Ghana Baptist Convention member Church
- Hold a valid Driver’s License and willing to travel extensively, sometimes at short notice
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
5.0 HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email or the address provided below, not later than 30th November, 2016:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter.
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates.
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees.
- Reference letter from local Church.
OR DELIVER DIRECTLY TO:
The Vice President, Administration
Ghana Baptist Convention
No. 11 Yiyiwa Drive, Abelenkpe, Accra
P. O. Box AN 19909, Accra-North