The Ghana Baptist Convention is inviting applications from suitably qualified members of the Convention Churches for the position of a Home Missionary for Sefwi Mission Field of the Ghana Baptist Convention.
1.0 POSITION VACANT: Home Missionary, Sefwi Mission Field, Western Region
2.0 JOB ROLE
Reporting directly to the Director of Evangelism and Missions, the position holder will provide tactical direction and oversee the mission work in the Sefwi Area.
- KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Develop and Implement an Evangelism, Discipleship and Missions Work Plan for the Mission Field in line with overall vision of the Convention.
- Identify and work with Churches and Associations in the area for the purpose of achieving the set goals and targets.
- Plant disciple-making Churches for the souls won and develop leaders for the Churches planted.
- Manage and ensure judicious application of support received, be it financial or otherwise.
- Prepare and submit timely monthly performance and progress reports to the Director of Evangelism and Missions.
- Act in concert with the Ghana Baptist Association(s) within the Mission field for evangelism and Church planting.
- Attend meetings of the Local Baptist Association(s) in your Field.
3.0 PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- First Degree in Theology or a related discipline from a reputable university;
- Demonstrable call to Evangelism and Missions; and an excellent team player.
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate, implement, monitor results and submit timely management reports.
- Excellent communication skills in English, Twi, Fante or Sefwi.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
4.0 HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email or the address provided below, not later than 23rd May, 2016:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter.
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates.
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees.
OR DELIVER DIRECTLY TO:
The Vice President, Administration
Ghana Baptist Convention
No. 11 Yiyiwa Street, Abelenkpe, Accra
P. O. Box AN 19909 Accra-North